How do you infer a theme?
- Inferring_Theme (created September, 2017)
- Other Clues to Help Readers Infer Theme (created September, 2017)
- AHS English Essentials 2 (updated September, 2017)
- Formatting, Citation, Plagiarism, Writing Essays, and Speaking Tips
- MLA and APA information
- Packet used by all AHS English teachers
- How I Grade Writing (updated September 2016)
- Contains a broad overview of what I expect to see for all written assignments, whether handwritten or typed; information covers my expectations for both homework questions and essays.
- How to Write an Expository Essay (updated November 2017)
- A short, yet detailed PowerPoint to walk you through writing an essay, from start to finish!
- When I ask you to answer a prompt or to write a “five-paragraph essay,” this is the type of essay you are being asked to write.
- Expository_Essay_Structure_Worksheet_(updated November 2017)
- A printable graphic organizer/worksheet to help you plan an expository essay. This provides space and a walk through for outlining your paper/writing a rough draft!
- This kind of essay has an intro, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Character Analysis Power Point (created October 2016)
Writing a Narrative/Story?
- Literary Analysis/Expository Essay Rubric (updated November 2016)
- Reading this will show you every single element I am looking for; failure to include any element or follow any rule listed on this rubric results in a deduction of points.
- College Admissions Essay Rubric
- A strong “College Admissions Essay” will hold up well when compared to this rubric; you can use this rubric to figure out what readers are looking for when they assess your college essay.
- Persuasive Speech Rubric
- An excellent persuasive speech will meet the requirements outlined in this rubric; you can use this rubric to see what elements of content and delivery I will assess to come up with your persuasive speech grade.
- Body Biography Rubric
- This rubric is a good way to see what elements you must include and what strengths you must demonstrate in your body biography assignment. Please read the rubric carefully before starting a body biography.