- English Essentials Packet 3 (updated 3/26/18)
- Outline Templates (created 3/29/18)
- How to Write an Expository Essay (updated November 2017)
- When I ask you to answer a prompt or to write a “five-paragraph essay,” this is the type of essay you are being asked to write.
- Expository_Essay_Structure_Worksheet_(updated November 2017)
- A printable graphic organizer/worksheet to help you plan an expository essay.
- This kind of essay has an intro, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Character Analysis Power Point (created October 2016)
- A step-by-step walkthrough for writing a specific type of essay called a character analysis
- Graphic Organizer to Plan a Narrative
- A “Narrative” is a STORY. It has a beginning, a middle, and an end. It also includes conflict, character development, and a plot.
- Integrating Quotes/Dialogue into a Narrative
- Inferring_Theme (created September, 2017)
- Other Clues to Help Readers Infer Theme (created September, 2017)
- Literary Analysis/Expository Essay Rubric (updated November 2016)
- Reading this will show you every single element I am looking for; failure to include any element or follow any rule listed on this rubric results in a deduction of points.
- College Essay Rubric (updated March, 2018)
- A strong “College Admissions Essay” will hold up well when compared to this rubric; you can use this rubric to figure out what readers are looking for when they assess your college essay.
- Persuasive Speech Packet 2018 (see final pages; updated 3/28/18)
- An excellent persuasive speech will meet the requirements outlined in this rubric; you can use this rubric to see what elements of content and delivery I will assess to come up with your persuasive speech grade.
- Body Biography Rubric
- This rubric is a good way to see what elements you must include and what strengths you must demonstrate in your body biography assignment. Please read the rubric carefully before starting a body biography.